Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'll Be on My Way

For those of you who do not know, I'm leaving for China on May 6th to research the transnational differences in Shakespeare performances! The date is coming up even quicker than I could imagine so I decided to start this blog so I will have no excuse not to keep you all informed while I am across the ocean.

My rough itinerary:

May 6: Leave Dulles

May 7: Arrive in Beijing and mooch off of my Dad's hotel room before he finishes his business trip.

May 11: Move into my Beijing Hostel, an ancient hutong only accessible by foot 5 minutes from the Forbidden City

May 14: Take the 10 hour "Train of Harmony" (yes, that is the official name) and arrive at my hostel in the heart of Shanghai

May 18th: Flight from Shanghai to Hong Kong, the city with my most childhood memories. I haven't been back since the Handover, so it'll be an experience!

May 23rd: Leave Hong Kong and arrive in Taipei. I will be staying with in my father's colleague's apartment until I move into a Y (in China?)

In Taiwan I will be meeting with Professor Huang and seeing a number of performances in the city including a college production of Romeo and Juliet!

May 31st: Reluctantly fly home, hopefully with bags of books and heaps of new experiences and stories to tell you all.

I am beyond excited and nervous for this trip! Internet access may be shaky but I hope I can stay in touch with everyone for the month I am away.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so excited for you! Sounds like it's going to be an amazing trip and that you'll really learn a lot.

Kay said...

I'm going to miss you!
But you are so impressive. Seriously. Or, as I should say, srsly. Y'know.

Abigail said...

Omg, I had no idea you were going to China!!! Have a great time!